Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 29836
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides safe transportation for patients between nursing units and to and from diagnostic and treatment areas. Additional responsibilities include other indirect patient care activities such as maintaining a clean, well-stocked work environment in the assigned area. Work is performed under the close supervision of a hospital supply technician or a member of the nursing staff.
1. Assists health professionals as appropriate to assigned work area
2. Ensures that medical equipment necessary for patient transport is clean, functional and operational. Reports any equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
3. Helps maintain a clean and safe work environment.
4. Procures, processes, and/or delivers equipment, supplies, nourishments, and other resources to the assigned area on a routine basis and during emergency situations
5. Transports patients (whose conditions range from stable to highly complex with special equipment needs) to other nursing units, to diagnostic and treatment areas, and for discharge from the Hospitals.
● High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Patient Transport
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.