Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 27690
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
1. Assumes responsibility for resolving more complex issues, serving as a resource for other Help Desk staff by prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving customer issues, escalating reported incidents, and functioning as liaison with management and others to resolve issues.
2. Documents all requests, problems, and resolutions.
3. Ensures the customer is updated on status of incident, for communicating the solution, and is satisfied with solution before closing ticket.
4. Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies, ordering as needed.
5. Provides intermediate or advanced level support to all callers of the Help Desk. Promptly responds to general customer requests for assistance in installation, maintenance, and training of all products and services provided by ISD. Provides initial technical support and analysis in an effort to resolve problems/ concerns and issues. Follows-up with requestors, ensuring customer satisfaction.
6. Takes lead role in organizing and monitoring training for new Help Desk employees. Works with management to assess readiness of new hires to independently execute job duties.
● Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Three (3) years of experience in data processing and hardware/software support.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Seven (7) years of experience in data processing and hardware/software support.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Service Desk
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.