Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 28945
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
To provide structure and lead teams to provide meals to patients throughout the hospital, serve customers in retail venues and catering events, and prepare quality food. Promote team work among groups in and outside the area. To act as a liaison between management and the co-workers. To assist management to achieve targeted goals. To complete other task assigned my management.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Coordinates the preparation and delivery of patient trays.
3. Coordinates ware washing activities to ensure that proper techniques are used and established procedures and standards are maintained.
4. Conducts meeting with support staff to provide technical guidance and direction regarding department operations.
5. Performs all opening and closing functions.
6. Conducts Quality Assessment monitoring.
7. Ensures that the delivery of services to customers are appropriate and in accordance with established policies, procedures, and objectives for area.
8. Leads and participates on teams to achieve targeted results.
9. Provides input to manager on decision making and problem solving activities related to the area.
10. Provides work direction and scheduling of employees. Assists with monitoring of overtime hours.
11. Acts as liaison between team members, management, and other teams.
12. Participates in the execution of work plan(s) for assigned area.
13. Provides performance feedback to manager regarding team members' performance.
14. Follows all approved practices and procedures in the storage, preparation, service and delivery of patient meals and supplies with full consideration of patient safety needs.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years-related experience and/or training. Three years of supervisory experience in front of the house restaurants/hotel/hospital setting required; Five years preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of Rex Healthcare. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.