Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 27673
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The UNC Health Information Services Department Integration Team is recruiting for an HL7 Interface Analyst. The person who fills this role will join a team of experienced Interface Analysts and will design, develop, and implement HL7 Interfaces using Epic Bridges and Cloverleaf. The Interface Team handles a high volume of requests for interfaces and the person in this role will need to multi-task these requests. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of networked file systems and network protocols including VPN, FTP and sFTP. HL7 experience is a plus.
The Interface Analyst enables one or many components of the end-to-end lifecycle of products and services for business functions across the health system. This includes but is not limited to planning, development, testing, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of new or existing functionality.
The Interface Analyst also provides end-user technical enablement and support, which may include high-touch customer service, communications, and the creation of reusable knowledge assets such as documentation and training content.
The Interface Analyst is an individual contributor that works under supervision.
● Requires Bachelor's degree.
● No licensure or certification is required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's Degree in another field, requires three (3) years of experience.
● If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then no years of experience is required.
● If Master’s Degree, then one (1) year of experience is required.
● If an Associate's Degree, requires nine (9) years of experience.
● If High School Diploma, requires eleven (11) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
ENTRY- Basic Proficiency: You have a common knowledge or an understanding of the basic techniques or concepts associated with this competency
- Fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) of information systems
- Fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) of relational databases
- Fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) of SQL (for all positions except Research, Admin, and Interop)
- Understands the importance and has fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) with leveraging existing reusable data sources for visualizations and analytics before creating their own. When creating new assets they have the ability to make it reusable, with help.
- Written and verbal communication skills (basic proficiency)
- Exemplifies UNC Health System Values
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.