Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27673
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The UNC Health Information Services Department Integration Team is recruiting for an HL7 Interface Analyst. The person who fills this role will join a team of experienced Interface Analysts and will design, develop, and implement HL7 Interfaces using Epic Bridges and Cloverleaf. The Interface Team handles a high volume of requests for interfaces and the person in this role will need to multi-task these requests. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of networked file systems and network protocols including VPN, FTP and sFTP. HL7 experience is a plus.
The Interface Analyst enables one or many components of the end-to-end lifecycle of products and services for business functions across the health system. This includes but is not limited to planning, development, testing, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of new or existing functionality.
The Interface Analyst also provides end-user technical enablement and support, which may include high-touch customer service, communications, and the creation of reusable knowledge assets such as documentation and training content.
The Interface Analyst is an individual contributor that works under supervision.
● Requires Bachelor's degree.
● No licensure or certification is required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's Degree in another field, requires three (3) years of experience.
● If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then no years of experience is required.
● If Master’s Degree, then one (1) year of experience is required.
● If an Associate's Degree, requires nine (9) years of experience.
● If High School Diploma, requires eleven (11) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
ENTRY- Basic Proficiency: You have a common knowledge or an understanding of the basic techniques or concepts associated with this competency
- Fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) of information systems
- Fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) of relational databases
- Fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) of SQL (for all positions except Research, Admin, and Interop)
- Understands the importance and has fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) with leveraging existing reusable data sources for visualizations and analytics before creating their own. When creating new assets they have the ability to make it reusable, with help.
- Written and verbal communication skills (basic proficiency)
- Exemplifies UNC Health System Values
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.