Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 28865
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs skilled work of moderate to significant difficulty in the installation, maintenance, and operation of plumbing systems, medical gas systems, steam and condensate systems, fire suppression/sprinkler systems and steam boiler systems.
1. Install, repair and maintain all facility plumbing lines and equipment, including hot and cold water and drain lines, sinks, commodes and connecting facilities. Install, repair and maintain fire prevention and containment water lines, sprinklers and system connections.
2. Install, repair and maintain facility steam and condensate lines, steam traps, pressure reducing valves and flash tanks.
3. Install, repair and maintain medical gas systems.
4. May assume lead role and some supervisory duties including field supervision and assignment of work duties on specific projects or maintenance tasks.
5. Perform operational tests on plumbing, steam, sprinkler and medical gas systems in accordance with industry standards, building codes and JCAHO requirements and perform tests to meet state and UNC Hospitals operating and maintenance requirements and parameters
6. Review construction plans and install facilities, equipment and materials in accordance with plans and to meet state, Life Safety and federal codes.
7. Select suitable plumbing and plumbing related materials and equipment to match existing systems and facilities, and install, operate and maintain new systems.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of plumbing experience in the installation and maintenance of plumbing systems to include maintenance, installation and development of steam and condensate systems, medical gas systems, boiler systems and fire pump/sprinkler systems.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Maintenance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.