Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 22997
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides and oversees training of coworkers/students in assigned work area, includes instruction in department techniques, processes and procedures according to established policies within lab.
*Candidates must be a certified phlebotomist
Hours: Every other Friday - Sunday. 7am - 7pm
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides and oversees training of coworkers/students in assigned work area, includes instruction in department techniques, processes and procedures according to established policies. Maintains program to document competency of coworkers/students in technical procedures. Provides performance feedback to manager/team leader observed performance.
3. Acts as liaison between coworkers, management, and other teams within the laboratory and throughout the organization.
4. Provides work direction for coworkers/students. Assists with monitoring of overtime hours an ensures optimal efficiency throughout the work area..
5. Coordinates ordering of supplies and inventory to maintain adequate stock and minimize waste.
6. Operates the computer system utilizing routine programs to receive specimens and retrieve laboratory data. Assures that specimens are placed on the processor or delivered to various departments as appropriate and in a timely manner. Assures that """"""""shared specimens"""""""" are received as appropriate and in a timely manner. Has the ability to identify and resolve problems.
7. Has the ability to prioritize, sort, and group specimen labels. Ensures that specimens are collected in a timely manner. Follows-up on uncollected specimens and cancellations.
8. Verifies specimen requirements and appropriate collection procedures prior to specimen collection. Performs specimen collection by venipuncture as required following documented policies and procedures. Performs specimen collection by micro-collection as required following documented policies and procedures. Maintains positive specimen identification throughout the specimen collection process. Demonstrates appropriate use of the PPID on a consistent basis. Records daily workload on appropriate logs as necessary.
9. Performs patient/specimen registration and test ordering functions as required and in accordance with corporate compliance guidelines.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Phlebotomy experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Lab Customer Svcs
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $18.07 - $22.59 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.