Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13354
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is eligible to work from home in the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
UNC Health is seeking a Microsoft Senior Systems Engineer who will be responsible for Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, SCCM, Windows Server Operating Systems (build and hardening), Microsoft 365/Azure AD and Certificate Management. UNC Health has over 50,000 users, 6,500 servers and a multi-forest/domain environment.
• Expertise with Windows Server 2012/2016/2019/2022 including server OS hardening
• In-depth knowledge and experience with AD health monitoring and server monitoring
• Understand and support Active Directory with Role-Base Access Control using a delegated permissions model
• Advanced knowledge of Active Directory with understanding of concepts like LDAP, Kerberos, Schema Changes and SID history, prior AD Migration experience a plus
• In depth experience of Group Policy concepts such as inheritance, WMI filtering, item-level targeting, and loopback policies along with expertise in the planning, testing and validation of enterprise GPOs
• Experience with Microsoft 365 Azure Active Directory
• Experience with Forest and Domain level upgrades
• Experience with SCCM Current Branch infrastructure, including boundary and capacity planning with support for PXE clients and high availability
• Ability to support Operations and Endpoint teams with SCCM deployments and collections, including Operating Systems, Applications, Packages, Configuration Baselines, and Software Updates
• Experience monitoring health of SCCM environment and generate reports for other business entities using Hardware or Software inventory, requires working knowledge of SQL and SSRS
• Ability to support a PKI infrastructure with an understanding of concepts like root CA and CRL maintenance, certificate template administration and automated certificate enrollment • Experience with writing and troubleshooting Microsoft PowerShell scripts
Highly Preferred Include:
• 4+ years of experience with Windows client/server networking including Windows domain and authentication, Active Directory, logon scripts, policies, client and network security, name resolution and time synchronization services.
• 4+ years of experience with Active Directory, GPO management, and security best practices
• 1+ years of experience with Azure AD/M365/AD Azure connect Asset: Any of the following certifications: Microsoft (MCSE), ITIL certification
• Experience with Window OS hardening
• Experience with Microsoft GPOs, AD health monitoring, AD upgrades/support
• Experience with PowerShell scripting
• Experience with Active Directory Certificate Management
• Experience with SCCM and/or Intune build and support
• Experience with Active Directory Forest migrations/consolidations methods and tools
• Experience with Azure AD
• Experience with Authentication methods
• Experience Active Directory RBAC model
• Knowledge of ITIL and Enterprise Architecture (EA) principles and processes
• Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills and close attention to detail
• Advanced troubleshooting skills
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.