Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 13354
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is eligible to work from home in the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
As a Senior UCS/VMware Engineer, you will be joining our team of professionals who are responsible for the build, design, and support for mission critical enterprise infrastructure. UNC Health is a multi-site environment comprising of ~730 blades/rack mount servers (over 685 ESXi hosts), 6,500 VMs, and 28 UCS domains.
• Proficient with Cisco UCS Service profiles, templates, polices and pools.
• In-depth experience with Cisco UCS administration in UCS Manger, UCS Central, Cisco Intersight, Fabric Interconnects and Power Tools.
• Maintain, monitor, install, and upgrade Cisco UCS and other vendor server hardware/software.
• Hands-on experience with Cisco's Unified Computing Systems UCS Manager, Fabric Interconnects and B/C Series servers.
• Knowledge of Cisco UCS Central and Cisco’s cloud-based offering Intersight, to manage local UCS resources.
• Base level knowledge of programming/scripting, in either PowerShell/PowerCLI/Cisco PowerTool.
• Develop recommendations for configuration changes, updates, or process changes to provide greater stability and performance of assigned systems or processes.
• Maintain an expert level of knowledge with the release of new versions of VMWare ESX and Cisco UCS including planning/scoping upgrades with minimal user impact.
• Expert hands-on administration experience with VMware components including ESX, ESXi/vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, DRS, Content Libraries, Update Manager, vRealize Operations Manager, Log Insight, Skyline and other virtualization technologies and concepts.
• Build and upgrade ESXi host and VM templates including defining standards for the build process.
• In-depth experience with vMotion and Storage vMotion configuration, vCenter Host Profile. creation/configuration, vCenter VDS, Port groups, Uplink creation, Update Manager configuration and host remediation, and Storage DRS groups.
• Experience with vCenter permission groups, creation with emphasis on specific rights per cluster and folders.
• Experience with VMware Content Library creation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Strong overall network skills (e.g. routing, switching and TCP/IP protocol).
• Possess a deep understanding of VMware core components and their relation to storage and networking including proficiency in datacenter design methodologies.
Highly Preferred Include:
• 4+ years of experience with Cisco UCS administration in UCS Manger, UCS Central, Cisco Intersight, Fabric Interconnects and Power Tools.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience with Cisco's Unified Computing Systems UCS Manager, Fabric Interconnects and B/C Series servers.
• 4+ years of experience with VMware including with vMotion and Storage vMotion configuration, vCenter Host Profile. creation/configuration, vCenter VDS, Port groups, Uplink creation, Update Manager configuration and host remediation, and Storage DRS groups.
• 2+ years of experience with TCP/IP Network model and its different layers; Application, Transport, Internet, Network Access
Any of the following certifications: Cisco UCS, VMware Assets Include:
• Experience with UCS administration (Intersight, UCS Central, UCS Manager)
• Experience with UCS hardware including server profiles, firmware updates
• Experience with infrastructure build and support
• Experience with VMware upgrades and builds
• Experience with monitoring solutions design and support
• Knowledge of TCP/IP based networking and packet capture solutions
• Knowledge of ITIL processes
• Client focused approach with strong people skills
• Ability and desire to learn and support a variety of systems quickly
• Advanced troubleshooting skills
• Effectively communicate issues and resolutions per organization policy and practices
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.