Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27466
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Vice President, Cancer Service Line will ensure the successful delivery of nationally leading, high quality cancer care at the flagship site for UNC Cancer Care, UNC Hospitals. The leader will work at the direction of UNC Hospitals’ COO and in collaboration with the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, UNC School of Medicine, UNC Faculty Physicians, and multiple hospital and health system leaders to support the successful provision of these services.
The leader will have responsibility for strategy development and implementation, marketing priorities, and health system integration of UNC Hospitals’ cancer services. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experiences with patient-responsive services that support organizational quality, outcomes, and growth metrics for cancer care and its associated services. The Executive will ensure a seamless patient experience between Faculty Physicians Clinics, UNC Hospitals Clinics, and UNC Hospitals Acute Care services. This leader will develop and implement initiatives that enhance and optimize the coordination of cancer services across the UNC Health System as well as monitor those initiatives to improve the quality of all related services.
1. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace within the cancer units of UNCH that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence and by promoting the organization's vision internally and externally. Delegates’ responsibility clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
2. Leading Change - Acts as a catalyst for organizational change. Influences others to translate vision into action. Brings about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Establishes an organizational vision for units within the Cancer Service Line and implements it in a continuously changing environment. Is open to change and new information and rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Deals effectively with pressure and remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization. Capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks. Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision for the growth and development of the Cancer Service Line.
3. Results Driven - Exceeds organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care within the UNC Hospitals Cancer Service Line. Makes well-informed, timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unfavorable results. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and builds the organization by developing and improving services. Leads the budgeting process. Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities, monitors expenditures in support of programs and policies, and identifies cost-effective approaches.
● Requires Bachelor's degree. Master's degree strongly preferred.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires 12 years of progressively responsible experience. Experience within Academic Medical Centers preferred. Experience with Cancer Service Line Management within a multi-hospital health system strongly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Solves complex problems that may have a long-term impact on the business function/line of business. Develops innovative ideas and solutions with significance to the organization’s future. Identifies problem areas and skill gaps proactively and addresses them appropriately. Excellent project management and change management skills for designing and implementing Entity, Triangle, or System initiatives in a complex environment.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Director's Office
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.