Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27992
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides technical expertise in specific laboratory discipline or program specialty, monitor and direct the workload and provides consultative and diagnostic results to clinicians.
Preferred skills : Some basic networking skills: evaluating ethernet ports; acting as a liaison between IT groups and vendors; understanding MACs & VLANs and how they affect device connectivity and troubleshooting loss of communication) PC skills: general office skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Onenote); basic windows command prompt commands; pc configuration (helpful for updating POC devices such as the ABL 90) Database skills: some understanding of database data structure; building db queries; importing/exporting data; some HL7 language understanding (generally helpful for interfacing) Basic Server Skills: (helpful for software device updates); many POC servers.
1. Collects and analyzes data to evaluate products, procedures, processes and laboratory or program needs.
2. Consults with healthcare providers and professionals regarding patient care and program issues.
3. Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines. Establishes and reviews procedures and policies.
4. May monitor personnel performance, counsel employees and provide input into performance evaluations.
5. May provide input into budgetary process by identifying capital equipment needs and anticipating laboratory or program needs.
6. May teach Clinical Laboratory Science students, Pathology residents and fellows and new employees
7. Monitors daily operation of laboratory or program
8. Reviews patient testing results, quality control, maintenance, troubleshooting and management reports.
● Requires Bachelor's of Science degree.
● Requires MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA) or MT (AMT) certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three years of experience at the medical laboratory technologist, cytotechnologist, or histotechnologist level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Outreach Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.