Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 29365
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Join this Cancer Service team to provide outpatient care for adult patients with Blood disorders, Hematologic cancers, Cellular Therapy, and Bone Marrow Transplant recipients/donors. Our clinics are open from 8 AM until 4:30 PM Monday through Friday, no holidays, no weekends. Shifts may vary slightly to cover patient needs.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs in accordance with the plan of care, physician's orders, and nursing and department policies and procedures. Patients range in age from neonate to geriatric. Care may be provided in an inpatient setting, ambulatory care, home health, or hospice.
1. Contributes to the development and maintenance of a current, individualized, goal-oriented plan of care and consults with other health professionals to assure that the assessed needs of patient/caregiver are met.
2. Observes, assesses, documents, and reports patient response to treatments/therapies and teaching, and adjusts priorities of care according to patient/caregiver needs. Collects, documents, and reports (to responsible MD or RN) data regarding patient's biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning needs.
3. Participates in unit, service, and/or department enrichment activities which contribute to positive outcomes such as assigned committees, CQI activities/groups, and the orientation and education of other personnel.
4. Provides a broad range of treatments/therapies to patients including, but not limited to, respiratory treatments, Oral/NG/NT suctioning, and tracheostomy care, administration of medications, observation of cardiac monitors, respirators, etc. and reporting of any changes, assistance to physician with special procedures, monitoring of intravenous infusions, performs point of care testing, performs routine laboratory work, changing/irrigating catheters, specialized sterile dressings, and patient/caregiver teaching based upon the established teaching plan.
5. Provides assistance to patients and families during admission to the clinical area, orientation to the hospital/clinic experience, and discharge.
6. Provides support to patients and families. Verbally de-escalates frightened or potentially aggressive patients. Facilitates age appropriate coping strategies for patients.
● Requires graduation from a state accredited program of practical nurse education including a pharmacology course (or completion of an approved pharmacology course upon graduation) which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for the administration of medications required by the work setting
● Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the applicable state (NC or VA). Requires BLS.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Adult Med Onc Clinic
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 16.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.