Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10084
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
*This position qualifies for our UNC Rex Incentive Program, which includes up to $20,000 commitment incentive ($5,000 at time of hire) or up to $25,000 tuition loan forgiveness. In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (based on location) and our employee referral program. Learn more about our UNC Rex Incentive Program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-rex-incentive-program
3 West is a 31 bed, general medicine unit. We care for a variety of medical patients with diagnoses that include COPD, diabetes, pneumonia, renal failure, minor neurological disorders, behavioral health, as well as many others. We are that team who can develop young minds and provide a supportive, mentoring atmosphere. . We offer online self-scheduling, exceptional night and weekend shift differentials, and co-worker input on holiday rotations. We support education and work hard to be flexible for those co-workers in school. Several of our bedside staff are masters prepared and 30% are Med/Surg certified nurses. We have several trained preceptors who enjoy guiding co-workers through the learning process, helping to identify progress goals as well as adapting orientation to fit the experience and needs of their trainee.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Nurse III practices at the level of a competent to expert practitioner of nursing, as defined by Benner, P. (1984). From Novice to Expert. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company. The nurse at this level demonstrates competence in caring for patients with complex problems. In addition the Clinical Nurse III demonstrates clinical leadership skills through contribution to standards of care and unit goals. The Clinical Nurse III serves as a role model for other staff and a preceptor for new employees and participates in endeavors to increase nursing knowledge.
1. Assessment - Synthesizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial and educational needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication with others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs
2. Education - Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self and others. Participates in development and presentation of staff education programs geared to unit needs and staff level. Assists in development of, and utilizes patient education materials relevant to patient population.
3. Evaluation - Evaluates patient progress and revises plan accordingly. Maintains accountability for carrying out components of the plan.
4. Implementation - Demonstrates expertise in care of patients with complex problems, including appropriate physical, psychosocial and educational aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Provides direction in implementation of the plan and serves as a resource to other staff members. Utilizes hospital standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care
5. Leadership - Develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified timeframe or renegotiates with supervisor. Participates in activities that facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration and serves as role model for nursing involvement. Functions as a consultant in various phases of the nursing process throughout the hospital. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Models behaviors that effectively give feedback to coworkers. Incorporates awareness of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment into practice. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
6. Planning - Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Consistently makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Uses full range of communication means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Consistently demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research - Reads journals that contain articles and studies that are applicable to practice and discusses their feasibility of implementation with others. With assistance, applies research findings to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability. Assists with data collection in research being conducted in work area. Shares knowledge with staff.
● Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled in an accredited program within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor's degree with a major in Nursing or a Master's degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
● Professional certification relevant to the practice area and on the ANCC Magnet approved list within the probationary period of employment.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex 3 West
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.