Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27420
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. This is a 3-day work from home position, with a 5% pay adder for bilingual candidates.
Provides assistance to patients and family members regarding establishing arrangements to provide payments for services provided. Ensures all insurance requirements are met prior to patients arrival and informs patients of their financial liability prior to arrival for services.
1. Admit, register and pre-register patients with accurate patient demographics and financial data.
2. Calculate and collect payments from patients for hospital and faculty physicians. Set up payment arrangements. Reconcile daily money collected. Work with collections agencies to resolve balances and/or collect payments.
3. Refer patients to the Manufacturer Drug program as needed for medications.
4. Request insurance authorizations for medical and dental procedures via online portal or by phone. Enters authorizations in various systems. Provides estimates using the passport estimator for future services to help determine patient's liability. Screen patients for charity care, COBRA and Medicaid. Help complete applications as needed. Work with third party payers for copay assistance. Submit forms for prior authorizations.
5. Review and explain claim rejections on patient's accounts. Help resolve patient balance issues and questions.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience working in hospital/clinical services access or billing and collections insurance.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Ability to analyze data, perform multiple tasks and work independently. Must be able to develop and maintain professional, service-oriented working relationships with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisors. Must be able to understand and comply with policies and procedures.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Assistance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.