Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 30602
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Regional Business Development Manager role supports strategic growth of the physician network within one or more divisional areas. The primary focus is to provide project management oversight of physician practices joining the network by overseeing daily activities consisting of multiple medium to large-scale projects across UNC Physicians Network. Projects range from acquisitions, new builds, expansions of existing clinics or new services. The Regional Business Development Manager works collaboratively with a variety of administrative leaders/teams, groups or physicians, and clinicians to achieve desired outcomes while maintaining a culture of high performance. The Regional Business Development Manager reports to the Executive Director of Business Development & Planning UNCPN and is responsible for HR-specific duties (e.g. performance management) for a small number of Business Development Managers. The Regional Business Development Manager works directly with peer Regional Business Development Manager(s) and Executive Director of Business Development & Planning UNCPN to collectively define and ensure achievement of department goals and objectives.
• Responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects related to the onboarding of new practices, expansions, and new construction including site visits, training, and due diligence ensuring clinics meet UNC Physician Network standards and desired outcomes with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities.
• Analyze, forecast, assesses impact, and create resolution of complex issues or barriers.
• Oversees transition of project to operational status.
• Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with Privacy & Health Care System requirements.
• Serve as a liaison for internal departments including Affiliate Accounting, Compliance, Credentialing , Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Legal, Operations, Quality, Population Health and Real Estate.
• Prepare basic to moderately complex business plans and market studies, pro formas, data analysis, and presentations to inform and support leadership's decision making related to strategic initiatives.
• Coaches and mentors employees in such a way as to obtain superior organizational engagement and performance. Monitor and evaluate performance and strive to ensure that all coworkers are treated fairly with compassion and respect.
• Works with Business Development Managers to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implement processes to identify, implement and ensure standardization decisions occur.
• Ensures integration of corresponding projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets in consultation with department Executive Director. Responsible for delivering all projects on time, within budget, and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
• Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of UNC Health Care.
● Bachelor's degree from five-year college or university. Masters Degree from a four year college or university with emphasis on business administration, healthcare administration or other related degree highly preferred and three (3) years of experience.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of related business development experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● • Demonstrate excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to lead and coordinate teams.
• Comprehensive knowledge of physician practice operations.
• Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives, develop and implement program strategies, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Willingness to travel within the state
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.