Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 29985
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The LPN Clinical Support Coordinator provides centralized in basket support for designated clinic care teams. Monitors incoming requests for services and routes appropriately based on established guidelines. Assists with patient outreach, clinic support services, and navigation of the health care system. Provides assistance with coverage of COVID infusion scheduling or other COVID needs as needed. While this is primarily a remote position, redeployment to the clinic setting will occur based on organizational needs.
1. Assists in collaborating with Onboarding and Optimization leadership, designated UNCPN clinic sites and others to develop and maintain a comprehensive workflow process for clinical support activities and projects.
2. Maintains communication with assigned practices and Onboarding and Optimization leaders to assure timely and efficient completion of jobs, proper communication of issues, proper documentation of the entire process, and achieve productivity targets.
3. Provides Epic in basket administrative/ clinical support as part of the centralized in basket team to designated departments/UNCPN clinics. The Nurse will collaborate with clinic leadership, providers, Onboarding and Optimization leadership, and others as designated in the areas of clinic workflow, Provides Epic in basket support, medication refills using standard protocols, and organizational/system support as defined by leadership.
4. Monitors and evaluates goals/metrics as assigned, meets productivity targets, and is active in team/ clinic communication for improvements, barriers, and needed.
5. Participates in team meetings and communications for process improvement and follow up. Monitors and processes incoming requests for clinic support services in compliance with established guidelines and standard work.
6. Provides patient outreach while practicing within their scope, using triage modules when appropriate, and medication refill protocols, and, implements appropriate evidence based guidelines. Appropriately documents interventions in the patient's electronic medical record.
7. Participates in care team meetings, performance improvement, and patient satisfaction initiatives. Reports barriers for efficient and effective care management and support to Onboarding and Optimization leadership. Maintains compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and evidence based guidelines.
8. While this is primarily a remote position, the LPN - Practice Support Nurse will be redeployed to a clinic or mobile setting as needed.
● Requires graduation from a state accredited program of practical nurse education including a pharmacology course (or completion of an approved pharmacology course upon graduation) which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for the administration of medications required by the work setting.
● Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse (LPN).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of three years of experience as an LPN, preferably in an ambulatory care setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
● Works independently with effective time management skills.
● Epic experience preferred
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.